Monday, September 23, 2013

Get yourself out there. Now.


Stand Out.
Be Different.
Back it up.

This is probably the most important thing I learned from the moment I picked up a camera and I looked at my pictures critically.
With so many people shooting these days, most of us are doomed to remain anonymous. I haven't cracked the code to getting famous yet, but I can tell you one thing, don't wait for people to come to you with a job proposal, you have to promote yourself, you got to be generous and get out of your way to get that shoot, even if you're not getting a cent. Ultimately, you are gaining experience, new material, perhaps you'll get that incredible shot that will go straight into your portfolio. Sometimes, you have to take jobs that don't pay and these will lead to those that do pay.  
We are in the world of crappy Instagram pictures. Don't be intimidated by the amount of pictures people are putting out there, be concerned with the quality and the content.

A few months ago, I started shooting a heavy metal rock band called SinTax. I had no idea what I was getting into, but I went in telling myself I can be the best. Why? Because drive and desperation will make me run that extra mile. A few months on and I realized that this was probably the biggest leap I could have taken.






SinTax will be on stage for the פסטיכסאח 2013 tomorrow in Jerusalem. 
Check out the promo and see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment