Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mind Blowing - פסטיכאסח 2013


Matricide @ פסטיכאסח, הצוללת הצהובה

When I come home with nearly 1500 pictures, it's either because I was having fun or because I was struggling to get a good shot. I think it was both. I can't stress enough how much of a challenge it is to shoot a rock concert. The lights, the blinding flashes on the scene, the red, blue, green and every color of the rainbow spotlights, not to mention the smoke that causes flash to bounce off and blind your camera, constantly moving/jumping/trashing targets, but wow... the energy is insane! I was shooting and getting whipped with hair, trying to keep steady while everybody is moshing right behind me. On a side note, despite the general impression of barbed wire, blood sweat and tears, their hair is more like a Pantene commercial, it smells... nice.
Mind blowing.
While most photographers will frown upon the idea of using the automatic settings on their camera, I say hell yes! With the conditions changing every 2 seconds, I just don't have time to play around with the camera settings. If you think you can keep up with the action, good luck with that, you are probably a shutter freak! My Lumix G6 was so responsive on iA (intelligent Auto) and gave me just what I wanted. Fast focus, sharp pictures and overall a beautiful grain even under very low light. Out of 1500 pictures, 500 were sharp and perfectly usable, over 50 got the "beauty treatment", about 10 turned out amazing and a couple of them are making it straight into my portfolio. I say that's a pretty decent average.

Pictures are here, come take a look:
פסטיכאסח בצוללת הצהובה, ירושלים September 24, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment